If your school district uses Clever, you can easily integrate Clever with the Fathom Reads platform. After syncing your Clever and Fathom Reads accounts,
you will be able to easily import user information for staff, teachers and students, as well as class rosters. It is important that you begin the integration process
at least two weeks before teachers and students need access to Fathom Reads.
The Clever integration process is broken up into three major parts:
1. Add the Fathom App from your Clever dashboard.
2. Set up Sharing Rights
3. Sync your data.
Connecting Clever to Fathom Reads
From your Clever dashboard:
1. Ensure that your students, teachers, and classes are properly set up in your Clever account.
2. From your district admin account, navigate to your Clever dashboard and click Applications > Add Application from the left side bar.
3. Search for Fathom Reads (Rostering) and follow the prompts to add Fathom Reads to your list of applications.
Set Up Sharing Rights
1. Navigate to the Fathom Reads application within your Clever dashboard and select Data sharing.
2. We recommend selecting Share by Rules.
3. Ensure that you are using Guided Sharing. A 'section' in Clever will add a class in Fathom Reads.
4. Click Add this rule > Done editing > Save Sharing Rules > Yes.
5. In the Add Sections Rule, use the drop down menus to select classes, grades, or schools.
6. Click Add this Rule > Done editing > Save sharing rules > Yes.
Sync Your Data
Before performing the final steps of sync process, please review your data for accuracy.
After updating verifying that the shared data is correct, navigate to the roster and integrations page and click the
here you will need to enter the appropriate information into each field.
Log into your Clever partner portal and copy the District name.
This is the license code associated with your Fathom account.
Clever school ids:
From the Data Browser page, click school count of
the district that you are attempting to sync.
Click the school name. From this screen you can select the id of the school that you would like
to sync with each id separated by only a comma. Example: "5d69953697e4d07affc825be,5922dd0bda013b348d90170f"
In the clever portal click on the district name. You will find the district id in the page.
This option enables a sync every night to pull over any changes from Clever to Fathom
Reads. If you only want to do a one time data transfer, uncheck nightly sync.
Otherwise, you can leave this option checked.